Thank you for wanting to know more about me. You can also go back to the short bio.
My name is Liz. I'm a 22-year-old female front-end web developer who was born in Cuba and has been living in New Jersey, USA since the age of 3. I love making and fixing websites - static ones especially - and know some programming languages and game design thanks to school. I am also a hobby digital artist and writer with aspirations of telling a story through a digital medium like video games. I speak, read, and write both Spanish and English fluently and used to study French and German.
In May of 2019 I graduated magna cum laude from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ with a Bachelor of Arts degree in information technology and informatics. I minored in digital communication, information, and media and earned a certificate of game production and innovation. In July 2019 I got my first full-time job as a Junior Web Producer and was promoted to Web Producer in March of the following year.
Things that make me happy outside of my creative passions include watching anime, playing video games, listening to videos or livestreams, being with my close family and our parrotlets, and hanging out with the love of my life, Andrew.
So far I am pretty happy with how my life has turned out. All that's left is to have a nice little house for my family and be with Andrew for the rest of my life.
The following are my favorite...
Games, currently: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Bejeweled 3, Snake Pass
Childhood games: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Ōkami, Sly Cooper, Penumbra, Silent Hill 2
Consoles: PS2, PC
Game companies: Nintendo, Frictional Games, Mojang, Valve
Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death Note, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Mob Psycho 100, Beastars
Movies: The End of Evangelion, Triangle (2009), Joker (2019), American Psycho
Music: electronic, funk, new wave, metal, alternative, 80s
Musical artists: KMFDM, Tame Impala, Aphex Twin, Rammstein, and many more
Seasons: summer, autumn
Colors: red, pink, green, purple, black, white
Animals: rats, mice, moles, weasels, birds, and everything else
Random facts about me...
Birthdate: August 24, 1997
DiSC personality type: Cs (small s)
Enneagram type: 4w5 or 9w1 (496 tritype)
I don't believe in: astrology
I know too much about: true crime
Favorite CMS: WordPress
Main browser: Firefox Quantum: Developer Edition
Favorite static host and generator: Github Pages and Jekyll
DNR and paid hosting provider: Namecheap
IDE(s): Sublime Text and Cloud9
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
- 1997 - 1999 - Born in Santa Clara, Cuba to my hardworking and studious mother and father, a green-eyed nurse and a brown-eyed electrician, respectively. I'm a spoiled only child and the only little girl in my immediate family. My paternal grandfather, a high school professor, taught me to appreciate nature, art, and good grammar.
- 2000 - 2001 - Came to the USA. Learned English watching cartoons on TV. I did not go to pre-school.
- 2002 - Began my K-12 education.
- 2003 - 2009 - Some time between these dates, my family bought our first computer, my first laptop (Windows XP OS), and my PS1 and PS2. I joined my first online community, DeviantArt, and watched my first anime, Ginga Densetsu Weed. I also got glasses and braces.
- 2010 - Got my first drawing tablet, the one I still use today. I also became a foreign language nut after listening to Nena's "99 Luftballons" and picking up a Hippocrene German-English dictionary at my school's library. I also tried learning violin for a year.
- 2011 - 2012 - Finished my longest fanfiction about a horror game to positive reviews on DeviantArt.com and Fanfiction.net. Kiwi, our first parrotlet, was brought home. His girlfriend, Lilie, followed soon after. Hurricane Sally marked the beginning of the worst moments of my life.
- 2013 - Had my first programming class as a junior in high school. Created my first game in Visual Basic and my first website on Weebly about WWII history. Our birds had two babies, Maya and Kiko! Sadly, Kiko passed away when he was 8 months old. I got my braces taken off and had my Quinceañera/ Sweet 16 in Cuba, and this was the last time I visited my birth country.
- 2014 - Mellon, Maya's boyfriend, was brought home.
- 2015 - Graduated high school as 5th in my class. Started university planning on majoring in something with computers. Mellon and Maya had four babies, Bonbon, Yema, and two twin boys!
- 2016 - Passed my driver's test on the first try. I struggled to enjoy Computer Science, my major at the time, and switched to Information Technology and Informatics.
- 2017 - Got to help make a WordPress website for a non-profit called Church-Based Mental Health Services. My interest in web development and design skyrocketed that year, and I made many of the websites on my portfolio. Maya passed away this year, and we found the twins new homes.
- 2018 - Created a blog and portfolio website from scratch and started my YouTube channel.
- 2019 - Graduated from university with a BA degree in ITI and - to my surprise - got my first real job in my field and bought my own car. Decided to take my personal hobbies in a different direction, rebranded, and ended my 2018 blog and YouTube Channel.
- 2020 - We lived through a pandemic, and I worked remotely for the first time. I was promoted to Web Producer. I also decided to merge my brand identities and give online content creation a new shot.
Back to Home
Coding Nest Box Backlog Burrow Town Square